You know, artists are fucked up souls that make beautiful music, write beautiful songs, poems, blogs and stories. They somehow make you feel it was all about you. Only artists can make you feel something that has always been there with us but was not able to touch it.
When you hear good music and connect with it, the three minutes of its play makes you feel you are passing between planes of reality, fantasy, an inception of dreams, a myriad of thoughts, hopes, fear, love, misery… the esoteric of life. They take you from where you stand to a world they made of their own.
wha da?! it’s a billion dollar industry what else can you expect?
The italics are the lines from the songs and I’ve linked the titles on the video in YouTube, I hope you click and go listen to them, just so you could fully appreciate the song list.
My eldest used to follow me around trying to shove earphones to my ears, making it all so urgent that you listen. You have to listen to them now, as in the world would end now, as in 911 now.
“Ma you have got to listen to this, this new song is way coooll!”,
in the same manner I am also imposing this music blog on you 😉
- ALWAYS– Switchfoot – Yeah… Another one falling again and promising always until someone else or something better comes along.
These are the scars deep in your heart
This is the place you were born
And this is the hole where most of your soul comes ripping out
From the places you’ve been torn
And it is always, always, always yours
And I am always, I’m always, I’m always yours
- BLOW ME ONE LAST KISS – Pink – told yah, the “always” doesn’t always happen…
White knuckles and sweaty palms from hanging on too tight
Clenched shut jaw, I’ve got another headache again tonight
Eyes on fire, eyes on fire, and they burn from all the tears
I’ve been crying, I’ve been crying, I’ve been dying over you
Tie a knot in the rope, tryin’ to hold, tryin’ to hold,
But there’s nothing to grasp so I let go
You know I wish that this night would never be over
There’s plenty of time to sleep when we die
So let’s just stay awake until we grow older
If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never!
- GUARDIAN – Alanis Morisette – we all need this, to reach for something or someone who makes you feel safe. It says don’t worry it’ll be alright…
I’ll be your keeper for life as your guardian
I’ll be your warrior of care, your first warden
I’ll be your angel on call, I’ll be on demand
T greatest honor of all, as your guardian
- CLIMAX – Usher- funny huh? you really need to separate when you’ve reached the climax, literally and figuratively 🙂
Don’t wanna give in so we both gave up.
Can’t take it back. It’s too late.
We’ve reached the climax, climax
- COUGH SYRUP– Young the Giant – I’ve always thought zombies wanted brains, now they’re looking for hearts and Young the Giant is zombie brained if he thinks he can restore his life when the cough syrup goes down. 😦
Life’s too short to even care at all oh
I’m coming up now coming up now out of the blue
These zombies in the park they’re looking for my heart
Oh oh oh oh
- THE A TEAM – Ed Sheeran – worst things in life come free to us the songs says, but you often quote the best things in life are free. This is a hauntingly painful song.
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
Cos we’re just under the upperhand
And go mad for a couple of grams
But she don’t want to go outside tonight
- EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL – Coldplay – I could listen to this song on repeat the whole day 🙂 When your out driving and the scenery goes past you then you have this on background, it’s a perfect drive on a perfect day:)
I turn the music up, I got my records on
From underneath the rubble sing a rebel song
Don’t want to see another generation drop
I’d rather be a comma than a full stop
- EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE – Robert Downy Jr with Sting – this is my all time love song. Sing this to your girl and you win a prize, take my word for it 🙂 and every time I watch this clip I get shivers . OMG… it’s my ex … need deep breaths… 🙂
Oh can’t you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take
Every move you make
And every vow you break
Every smile you fake, every claim you stake
I’ll be watching you
- POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE – Natasha Bedingfield – I have this… this better place. She could have been singing about me 🙂
I got a pocket,
Got a pocket full of sunshine
I got a love an’ I know that it’s all mine
Oh, oh whoa oh
Do what you want,
But you never gonna break me,
Sticks an’ stones are never gonna shake me
No, oh whoa, oh
I am not that very young, (contrary to popular belief) and thanks to my children, I’ve been so immersed with pop culture that I have a playlist which seemed to have been borrowed from them, but no, this list… it’s mine 🙂